CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Friendship

So many people come in our lives, and yet how many of them walk out of our lives just like they came in and are gone forever. Well, today, that's what I want to talk about - relationships/friendships. Let's discover a valuable lesson from Lucy!

In the episode that Ethel and Lucy are going to perform in a show together, they decide to sing the song about "Friendship". In the midst of trying to prepare for the show, they both end up buying the same dress, etc. What happens at that point is a turn of events which keep you laughing from each of them telling the other they would take their dress back. They see each other at the show for the first time on stage, and the song of "Friendship" is anything but a picture of what friendship is all about. As they completely tear each others dress apart, I find a lesson here of pure simplicity at it's best.

I want to share with you some pictures of friendship to me. I have a friend who truly understands forgiveness. I have watched her through the years and wonder how she has kept the forsight she has managed to keep. I am so proud of her. When it seems there has been no way out of a pit, she just keeps on giving and giving to others. Even when she and I didn't see that we would possibly ever speak again - we still never had to pull a Lucy and Ethel. Through FUDGE (for those of you who don't know what this acrostic means: it is Forgivenss Under Divine Guidance Everyday), we have seen each other come forth as gold. We've been worn and tattered along the way, but we have remained friends to this day.

The old saying that says a friend will be there through thick and thin - you better believe it. The proverb that says a friend sticks closer than a brother! You better believe that too - and you know for us women - friendships are a true and treasured gift. Whether that friend is coming over for coffee, or to cry, or to laugh, or to talk, the point is - its all about FRIENDSHIP!

For those of you in my life I call friends - please know that you are a gift to me. For those of you who will come into my life - please know that you too will be of great value to my life. So, as the words to the song that Lucy and Ethel performed in their song "Friendship" - "if you're ever in a jam, here I am. If you're ever in a mess, SOS...because it's Friendship, Friendship - we've got the perfect friendship. When other friendships will be forgot - ours will still be hot..."

2 comments:

Chel said...

That is beautiful...your FUDGE friend sounds wonderful. :-)
Chel

marine's words said...

I love it !! I am glad you read my post on Lucy & Ethel friends like that only come along once in a while( and a friend does stick closer than a borther .)
I enjoy watching lucy whenever I can ") marina

Lucy songs for Happy, Peppy People