CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, September 9, 2008


Just a Routine

How many of you remember the episode where Lucy decided to take ballet? I think one of the most memorable scenes is when she is standing there with her leg hiked up on the bar and she's wearing that tutu thinking all ballerina's have to wear them. She had made what seemed like an "easy routine" for everyone else, a routine that only Lucy could have pulled off. In her standing there with that leg hiked up on that bar, I can't help but wonder how often I do the same things in my own life when it comes to a new routine.

Think honestly about that for a minute. Do we not do that? I mean, we go through the motions everyday and try to stick to that routine so close so that everything is in such a great order and all in its place. Yet, what happens to us when someone throws something new in the mix? We go nuts sometimes, don't we? Many of us do not like anything to change in our routine. If it does, we look like Lucy with our leg up on that bar - we look utterly ridiculous standing there trying to figure out " what next?" Yet, we really do this. Let me give you an example.

Every morning, when I get up to get ready for work, I do not want to be interrupted from that routine in fear that it will make me late. My hsuband has the tendency if he is around at the moment to try to disrupt my routine. He'll come in there where I'm getting ready and start doing his hair or something and brush his teeth, etc - right in my way. Then, it's like all of my stuff is moved or different on the countertop and I feel so out of order. It's almost like it sets the day into a different direction. He didn't do anything out of the ordinary for his routine, but it put a kink in mine.

My challenge to you today is to stop for a moment and maybe think about an area you may need to change up in your routine. Do you need to make some other changes that will help to challenge your growth as an individual or even to just refocus for your goals or dreams? Stop today and put your leg upon the bar like Lucy, look a little silly and start your new routine.

0 comments:

Lucy songs for Happy, Peppy People